Statement of Faith
Calvary Chapel Beaumont
A creed is a statement of the shared beliefs of community in the form of a fixed formula summarizing core tenets. The earliest creed in Christianity, “Jesus is Lord”, originated in the writings of Saint Paul.
At a Glance
- We encourage you to read our Statement of Faith Below. Should you have any questions or concerns, we welcome you to reach out to us through our contact page.
What We Believe
- We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the person of God the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men.
- We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s only Son: his virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for his people and in his personal, visible return to earth.
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ.
- We believe that the human race was created as genetic male (man) and genetic female (woman) by a direct act of God; that marriage has been established by God; therefore, marriage is a sacred covenantal union between one man and one woman, for life. We also believe that legitimate Biblical sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage.
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Spirit.
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and, therefore, are under condemnation; that God regenerates based upon faith by the Holy Spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
- We believe in the universal Church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are members.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: (a) Water Baptism by full immersion, and (b) the Lord’s Supper (Communion).
- We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom; in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked. 12. We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord in Hell.