Statement of Faith
Calvary Chapel Beaumont
A creed is a statement of the shared beliefs of community in the form of a fixed formula summarizing core tenets. The earliest creed in Christianity, “Jesus is Lord”, originated in the writings of Saint Paul.
We encourage you to read our Statement of Faith Below. Should you have any questions or concerns, we welcome you to reach out to us through our contact page.
What We Believe
Statement of Faith, Character, Belief’s and Ordinances
- We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Mathew 28:19, John 10:30; Hebrews 9:14)
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments (The Bible) are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which this Church operates and is the basis for which this church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:21;)
- We believe in the person God the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; Psalms 102:27; John 2:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3)
- We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s only son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. (Mathew 1:18, 20, 23; 3:17; Mark 1:11; 16:19; Luke 1:31-35; 3:22; John 1:1-2; 3:16-18, 34-36; 8:58; 11:25; Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8)
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ. (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 15:13, 16; Hebrews 9:14)
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. (John 14:16-17; 16:8-11)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all biblical gifts of the Spirit. (1 Corinthians 14)
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and, therefore, are under condemnation that God regenerates based upon faith by theHoly Spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord. (Acts 8:15-17; Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the universal Church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are members. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16)
- We believe that Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: (a) Water Baptism by full immersion, and (b) the Lord’s Supper. (Mathew 28:19; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- We believe also in the laying on of hands for the baptism / empowerment of the Holy Spirit; for the ordination of pastors, for the appointment of deacons, and for the perpetuity of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 6:6; 8:17; 1 Timothy 4:14)
- We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom; in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and the endless suffering of the wicked. (Mathew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20)
- We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gifts of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord in Hell. (Mathew 5:3,22; 18:9; 25:31-34; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Psalm 9:17; Luke 12;5)
- We believe in the Rapture of the Church where all believers will meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to the the seven year Tribulation that will come upon the earth. (Mathew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18; 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 5:7-10, 7:13-14)
- We believe that the human race was created as genetic male (man), and genetic female (woman) by a direct act of God; that marriage has been established by God; therefore marriage is a sacred covenantal union between one man and one woman, for life. We also believe that legitimate Biblical sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, incest, polygamy, homosexuality, transgender, bisexuality, cross dressing, pedophilia and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious behavior, the creation, viewing and/or distribution of pornography and efforts to alter one’s gender are incompatible with a true biblical witness. (Genesis 1:27; 2:18-24; Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 18:6-23; 1 Corinthians 6:9-18; 7:2-4; Galatians 5:19-21; Colossians 3:5-6; 1 Timothy 3:2, 12; Hebrew 13:4)
- We believe that the solemnizing of amarriage is a sacred and profound event that shall be entered into only where the proposed covenantal union is in compliance with the Word of God; we also believe that the solemnizing of a marriage between men or women of the same gender is contrary to the Word of God, and is a sin before God. (Genesis 2:18-24; Leviticus 20:13)
- Every Senior Pastor, Assisting Pastor, Chaplain, Missionary, Board Member, Deacon, employee, student, congregant or volunteer of Calvary Chapel of the Pass or Church (AKA Calvary Chapel Beaumont), shall be in good standing and affirm his or her unequivocal agreement with this Statement of Faith, Character, Belief and Ordinances as described in this Preamble. Any Senior Pastor, Assisting Pastor, Chaplain, Missionary, Board Member, Deacon, employee, student, congregant or volunteer whose confession of faith or behavior is in conflict with this Statement of Faith, Character, Belief and Ordinances will be subject to removal and termination from his or her position at the Church.